Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Ombré Gelatos

Faber Castell Gelatos and their student grade gel sticks (which seem very similar though gelatos have a wider selection of colors( are great for the ombré technique.  They are cream and water soluble so blending them is a breeze. 

I share the directions for the technique in another post but wanted to show you the variety this technique has. 


This is an ATC I created for Runaway Studio Marxh swap. The theme was monocratmatic. I colored the background using the gelatos in an ombré effect. I then stamped the seahorse (deep red stamp) and then masked him and stamped him with a stamp from Tin Can Mail. Dabbed viva metal effects paint in silver to give it some sea water shine and then stamped Tim Holtz saying along the side. Below is the same ATC turned in a greeting cards. I never throw away ATCS they make great cards. 



The last three cards are greeting cards I made with gelatos/ombré technique as the background stamped the images with archival ink framed the images with antique dictionary pages and washi tape. 


Stamps in the orange/yellow ombré card are dollar ones from Joann's 


Leaf stamp is Judikins and flower is Studio G. 

This card below I used Inktense pencils to cover over the gelatos. Clown stamp is Stampington and the swirls are inkadinkado. 

No comments: