Friday, March 28, 2008

My Boy Roux D


Now is he not the cutest little thing? This is my boy Roux D, pronounced like Rudy. He is 9 months old. He is a Pembroke Welsh Corgi. He is so snuggly and sweet which is strange for a Corgi, usually they are independent though they like being near their people they do not necessarily give kiss and what to be held. Not so with my little guy. He loves it. He love so it he would probably walk over hot coals for loving. For example, last night I was working on some fabric flowers, I had petals with stick pins spread on the lap desk in front of me. Roux D wanted to snuggle so badly that he tried to walk over flower petals. When he got stuck he had this look on my face like "how could you let that happen to me." I broke my heart.
Roux D's interesting name is a collabroation between John, my boyfriend and me. Our other dog, Patches makes this sounds which is a howl but come out like "roo roo roo." John wanted a name that would be similar to that sound so Patches could call the puppy. I wanted a name that would reflect Louisiana. So we decided on Roux D or if the puppy had been a female it would have been La Roux. Roux D is the perfect name for a perfect puppy.

No comments: