Thursday, September 18, 2008

I am going to artfest

Ok after all the worries about not getting into Artfest I did it.......so the only think left to do was figure out a way to pay for the event. Providence (Divine power not the hospital system) intervened and I found that some money I have been waiting for will be coming through so I will be able to pay for it and have enough money to take a local class with Deryn Mentock that my friend Denise set up. So right now I am feeling art blessed.

Of course, as a person living with an anxiety disorder I am anxious about my swaps. I thought about doing an updated version of the yarn octopus I had as a kid. I wanted to make them more grungy and scary then the cutesy ones....but I am stomped with how to do it. I know I will substitute felt eyes that are scarier than the googly eyes. I might use darker fibers that are more bumpy. So stay tuned to see how this turns out.

1 comment:

Pilar said...

Oh, I hope you get to take the class with Deryn. She is one of my favorite people and she is a most generous spirit!